Alec Baldwin Not Invited By Authorities To Return To New Mexico, Source Says | Entertainment

0

A source close to Alec Baldwin told CNN that the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office had not formally requested the actor to return to New Mexico for in-person questioning regarding the fatal shooting investigation. from last month on the set of the movie “Rust.” The person familiar with the situation said that Baldwin “would do whatever asked of him”.

The source added that Baldwin and his family will remain in Vermont for the foreseeable future as they deal with the aftermath of the tragedy.

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins has died after Baldwin unloaded a propeller pistol on the set of the film. She was 42 years old.

Stacker analyzed data from the Health Resources and Services Administration and the National Vital Statistics System to identify states where the highest number of births occur to parents living in maternal health care deserts. Click for more information.

The director of the film, Joël Souza, 48, suffered a shoulder injury.

According to an affidavit in the case, the film’s assistant director shouted “cold weapon”, meaning the gun had no live ammunition, before handing the gun to Baldwin.

Baldwin told reporters Saturday that he was in contact with law enforcement every day, but in an interview with CNN’s Erin Burnett on Monday night, Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said authorities wanted to speak to the actor in person.

“I know he’s been in contact with our investigators. I don’t know if it’s every day or every other day, but he’s been receptive to phone calls. But obviously we would love to have him here in person. to clarify any statements or clarify the facts that we have, ”Mendoza said.

On Tuesday, Juan Rios, a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office, said: “Face-to-face interviews are always preferred by investigators. Mr. Baldwin has always been available to detectives involved in this case, whether over the phone or in person. If and when the detectives ask to speak to him in person, they will inform him of their request. “

Rios added that Mendoza is particularly interested in meeting in person with the film’s assistant director and gunsmith, that have already been identified by the authorities as the objects of the investigation.

No criminal charges have been filed, but the Santa Fe County District Attorney recently said she had not ruled out any.

™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.